Disney resolved a wrongful termination lawsuit on Thursday that Gina Carano, former “Star Wars” actress, had filed, putting a years-long dispute to rest.
“I have agreed with Disney/Lucasfilm @disney @Lucasfilm, which I believe is the best outcome for all parties involved. I hope this brings some healing to the force… I hope to make you proud. I am excited to flip the page and move on to the next chapter. My desires remain in the arts, which is where I hope you will join me,” Carano said in a statement.
Carano, now 43, lost her job as Cara Dune in “The Mandalorian” in February 2021 when Disney decided to fire her for a post she had made. She claimed she lost her job because of her conservative beliefs and that she had been discriminated against.
The former Mixed Martial Arts fighter has been outspoken on social media and has shared her opinions on the Black Lives Matter movement, COVID lockdowns, and trans beliefs, all of which she opposes.

Carano came under fire after she posted a picture of a Jewish woman beaten savagely in the city of Lwow while it was occupied by the Germans during World War II, and compared the hatred conservatives in the U.S. were experiencing at that time to that experienced by the Jews during the Holocaust.
“Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors…. even by children, because history is edited, most people today don’t realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views?” the actress posted at the time.
Disney fired her from the hit “Star Wars” spinoff and accused Carano of “denigrating people based on their cultural and religious identities” in a statement. She was also dropped by her talent agency, UTA. Carano sued Disney in 2024 for putative damages, alleging wrongful termination and discrimination. She also demanded the studio recast her in her role.
As part of an initiative on his social media platform, X, Musk would fund the lawsuits of people who felt they were wrongfully discriminated against due to something they posted on the app. His backing of the case marked the first Musk initiative to fund workplace discrimination cases.

Disney argued in its Interlocutory Appeal in April 2024 that they had a First Amendment right not to associate their brand with Carano’s views. The crux of the case seemed to revolve around a social media post made by the actress.
Responding to the lawsuit, Carano went on to say that Disney “mischaracterized” the remarks made. Disney, in their later settlement statement, suggested that they “were wrong to assume that” Carano had made “baseless claims” about her portrayal.”
Carano was involved with the Disney companies for a long period of time, and Disney chose not to capitalize on the terms of the settlement. The reasoning for the decision was laid out in an email from Disney from the legal department, where they stated, “Disney’s inability to manipulate Carano into silence” marked the settlement statement.
With this lawsuit concluded, we look forward to identifying opportunities to work together with Ms. Carano in the near future,” Disney said in a statement.
Original news has published in FOX NEWS, we have just shared for information purpose.